Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Kathmandu

This is a very long story that I have to give you the short version. Last night in Hong Kong, we were able to secure bookings through Bangkok for 12 of us. That left yours truly out, they were able to get me straight to Kathmandu by myself right then. Well in the end they were able to get first 9 then 6 and finally 5 of us out on that flight. Boyd, Kit, Terry, Brit, and I were able to get to Kathmandu. And here we sit. The plan for the rest of the group was to leave for Bangkok this morning, and then on to Kathmandu by 8pm tonight. We can only hope that will be the reality. To top all of it off Brit and Boyd's luggage did not make it. The five of us are on our way out to see Kathmandu. Kit and I were talking that the plane ride from on Nepal Airlines reminded us of a 3rd world bus ride, it was interesting to say the least. We also met with Tsedo this morning and if the others get here tonight or the next day were should be able to stay on our original schedule with a few omissions here in Kathmandu. I will post when I know more.
JSM

2 comments:

Sister Audrey Frasier said...

Spence- Thanks for taking the time to BLOG. Keep my dad and Brit on a short leash!

Jill Smith Frasier

shelley1 said...

Spence & Boyd,
How exciting to see and hear from you. I got tears in my eyes. I really am excited for you all to be there. I will say as long as you have your hiking boots on your good to go! I am anxious to hear continuous updates so keep them coming.

Holly